My little piece of Paradise

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm new to blogging, only started at the beginning of January 2014. In that time I have had a lot of fun participating in various challenges and have been inspired by so many of you. I'm new to card making but enjoy it so much. I've been a scrapbooker for many years and card making seemed like the next logical step:)
I hope you enjoy your visit and feel free to leave me a comment or follow my blog. HUGZ :)

Monday, January 6, 2014

Think I'm addicted

Well here we go again lol... I've been keeping an eye on the current challenges and had those in mind while creating this card.
I have been snooping around other blogs and can't believe how inspiring you all are to me.
It took me a bit to finish this one since everytime I sat down to color someone would interrupt me plus I had to take a break to make supper....apparently it's against the law not to feed your kids lol so with kids fed, I sat back down and this is what I came up with :)
The image I chose is skater Wren by Tiddly Inks.... Just love their stamps!  I used flocking powder for the first time in order to create a "fur" effect and must say I really like it.
Again I used my pencils with no solvent and think gamsol is a thing of the past for me lol
Hope you all like it :). Xo




Challenge Blogs


A huge thank you to the Design Team at That Craft Place for choosing my card in their Top 3, I'm very excited :)

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Donna, love your coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation and a beautiful LO thanks for joining us over at Charisma Cards
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the image you colored, and again colored wonderfully. The layout is amazing, awesome job! Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!
    Leanne DT@One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Tiddly Inks and and glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. So different and lovely, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and perfect for our challenge this week over at Sweet Stampin'. Good Luck. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, I had your challenge in mind while designing it :)

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz this fortnight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, Donna! That's such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! This awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card and image, perfect for our theme this week. Thank you for sharing it and for joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Donna so much detail'! Thanks for joining in at Charisma Cards.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card!
    Have an awesome day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Card! Fantastic Detail! Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with your coloring, Donna! Stick with the Prisma pencils, they are lots more economical than Copics! You have an eye for coloring and are doing a great job developing your highlights and contrast. Saw this card at Sketch Saturday.
    Hugs, Cathy - Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card and your coloring is wonderful!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! thanks for joining our ''charming'' challenge at That Craft Place! Good luck! Hope to see you again this fortnight! Hugs Carlyann, TCP DT xx

    ReplyDelete